About the Role
The Senior Administrative Associate provides high-level administrative and logistical support to Dr. Ryosuke Okuno in the Center of Subsurface Energy and Environment for a variety of functions including: traveling, creating, processing, and tracking financial transactions and purchases, while planning and executing events.
- Provides administrative support for research staff and students. Maintains and reconciles all research accounts, follow budgets, provides financial information as needed, and prepares funding agency reports. Prepares correspondence, technical reports/papers, faculty annual reports, and maintains faculty resumes. Processes research proposals through various funding agencies including creating budgets. Manages financials and budgeting of the accounts for UT faculty member
- Procurement: Sourcing, contracts, and sole source; transfers, procurement card reconciliation, purchase orders, and payment vouchers
- Prepares RTAs and makes travel arrangements for faculty and students; processes travel reimbursements as well as other types of reimbursements, payments to vendors, and purchase orders. Processes researchers, student, and some faculty assignments including immigration paperwork/visas. Processes tuition and scholarships for students
- Manages event planning. Schedules and organizes research meetings, seminars, workshops, conferences, etc. Coordinates on a national and international level
- Performs other related duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED plus seven years of clerical experience, including one year at either the Administrative Assistant or the Administrative Associate level or three years of clerical experience, including one year of experience at either the Administrative Assistant or the Administrative Associate level with a Bachelor's Degree. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and professional demeanor. Accuracy in grammar and punctuation. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to learn tasks quickly with minimal training and supervision. Exhibits customer service-oriented behavior.
Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Bachelor's Degree. More than five years of related clerical experience. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with University of Texas policies and procedures, and systems such as DEFINE, Workday, FRMS.